To the Residents of the Town of Schodack,
We are experiencing a number of larceny’s from vehicles in recent days.
all residents are advised to do the following:
1. Remove all valuables from your vehicles if not locked securely in a garage.
2. Keep your vehicles locked at all times if not in use. Do not leave your keys for the vehicle or your home in the car. We have had one vehicle stolen and left in another county.
3. If you have outside lighting please use it. This will help deter criminals.
4. Keep your home locked at all times, as well as your garages.
5. Most importantly, if you hear or see anything, day or night please call 911 and report it immediately. Do not hesitate, seconds count in helping us catch the perpetrators. We need all the eyes and ears we can get to help us fight crime.
6. Please share this information with your neighbors, or direct them to the Town of Schodack website at www.schodack.org.
Also, the larcenies of and from vehicles are occurring all over the Capital District. Lets be vigilant in working together to help bring these individuals to justice.
Chief Behard Peter
Chief of Police
Town of Schodack Police Department